DETROIT ARCHERS is the oldest archery club in Michigan. It began in 1924 when Saxton Pope and Art Young visited and decided to form a club known as Detroit Archers. The formal organizational meeting took place in 1928 and our most famous member Fred Bear became it’s first President.
DETROIT ARCHERS also boasts some of the best shooting facilities available. Our club is situated on 31 acres in West Bloomfield. Our clubhouse is surrounded by 3 outdoor ranges including:
- A Broadhead course that simulates “The Hunt”. Offering 28 targets of varying distances and shooting positions.
- A groomed field course of 14 stations with distances ranging from under 5 yards to 80 yards.
- A well kept bale target range, from 20 to 65 yards to sharpen your skills.
- A 30 target 3D range
We also have:
- A full 30 yard indoor range with open shooting.
- Modern clubhouse facilities that offer refreshments during shoots and special events. With even a TV room for those sports “nuts” during weekend shoots.
DETROIT ARCHERS is open 7 days a week to members and has many programs available throughout the year for all archers at all levels of development. A sample of them follows:
- Youth leagues, where even the youngest archer can take part in the sport.
- Target leagues, offering competition with the “cream of the crop”.
- Bowhunter leagues to keep your shooting right at it’s peak, all year long.
- Weekend special shoots. Probably our most famous are the Summer Safari and Bowhunter Jamboree.
- We are open to the public on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays when there are no other scheduled events. Please check the calendar or call the clubhouse (248.661.9610) for hours open shooting hours.
- The public is invited to join our leagues and participate in our competition events throughout the year.